TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please read the following and make sure you understand all of the terms and conditions when booking a holiday rental through Mornington Peninsula Rentals. An infringement of any of the prescribed terms and conditions may result in the landlord exercising the right to terminate the tenancy without notice, refuse to give out a key for a property, enforce monetary penalty or amend a rental amount at any time.
- Check-in for bookings is no earlier than 2pm on the confirmed date of arrival.
- Keys are left in a key safe at the property.
- Key safe access codes will be sent via sms on day of arrival.
- Property must be vacated and clean by 10am sharp on the date of departure, unless prior arrangement has been made for a late check out.
- A late checkout fee will apply.
- Keys are to be returned to key safe and locked.
- Late departures will be charged a nightly rate fee and will be taken out of your bond.
- All bookings and tariffs are subject to change without notice.
- All bookings and deposits received are subject to the landlord’s approval.
- All deposits of 50% must be made at the time of the booking.
- The balance of full rental must be made 30 days prior to arrival.
- Security bond must be made at time of booking.
- All bookings are subject to a $40.00 non-refundable booking fee for administration.
- Payments can be made via bank transfer, EFTPOS and credit cards (excluding AMEX and Diners Club)
NUMBER OF GUESTS
- All holiday accommodation must only be used for private, residential usage only unless previously agreed with the landlord, and to accommodate the number of guests stated in the booking confirmation.
- No functions or parties may be conducted at the property under any circumstances.
- The name that the booking is made under is the person responsible for actions of your group and will be held accountable for each individual staying and the property. Each person must be made aware, understand and agree to the terms and conditions.
- The property is let for the period agreed by all parties and stated on the booking confirmation.
- It applies to the maximum number of guests per bed.
- Exceeding the maximum numbers will render the guest liable and the cancellation of the booking immediately – forfeiting all monies paid including bond.
- If you cancel a booking for any reason, you must notify Mornington Peninsula Rentals in writing and the following Terms and Conditions apply:
- The full deposit held will be forfeited unless the landlord is able to re-let the property for the same period at the same rental.
- If the property is re-let, an administration fee is incurred and the guest will forfeit 10% of the rent.
- The balance of funds, less the above costs will be refunded within 14 days of securing a replacement guest.
- Mornington Peninsula Rentals may cancel your booking of the property, if it becomes unavailable for occupancy before or during your stay for any reason – eg: damage to premises, emergency repairs required, sale of property, the termination of our appointment as managing agent.
- We will endeavour to find alternative accommodation for your stay.
- If alternative accommodation cannot be made, we will refund all monies paid, or part of the booking not fulfilled.
- A security Bond Pre-Authorisation form for $1000.00 is required to be completed with credit card details and signed by the guest prior to any keys being issued.
- In lieu of a credit card, payment in the form of Direct Deposit is required.
- The Pre-Authorisation form authorises Mornington Peninsula Rentals to debit any additional charges or fees that have been incurred by the guest during their stay.
- Smoking is not permitted inside any Mornington Peninsula Rentals’ properties.
- A deduction from the nominated credit card or deducted from your bond. may be charged should there be evidence of smoking inside for fumigation at a cost of $200.00
- There will also be a deduction of $200.00 for collection of cigarette butts, if they have not been disposed of appropriately.
- Pets are not permitted unless booking with a pet friendly property.
- Should there be evidence of any pet a $200.00 minimum fee will be charged for fumigation and charged to your nominated credit card or deducted from your bond, and $100.00 charge for faeces collection.
PET FRIENDLY PROPERTIES
- The owner is liable for any damage caused to the premises resulting in a loss suffered by the landlord.
- A barking or aggressive dog will not be tolerated and may result in the termination of your booking
- The pet is to be kept outside at all times, unless authorization for internal access is granted by the landlord
- No parties or entertainment of large groups are permitted at the rental property.
- If a report is received from a neighbour, the police may be called and this will result in your booking being cancelled immediately without refund of rent or bond
- The guest is responsible for any damage, breakages or loss incurred during the occupancy of the property.
- Costs associated with damage, breakages or loss for excess cleaning and repairs will be deducted from your nominated credit card or deducted from your bond.
- A maintenance fee of $100.00 will be charged to your nominated credit card or deducted from your bond.
- The agent, landlord tradesperson or any person approved by the landlord, may access the property at any time during occupancy upon demand.
- The guest is responsible for all keys and remote controls.
- Any lost or damaged keys will result in a $100.00 charge per set, to your nominated credit card or deducted from your bond.
- Any lost or damaged remotes will result in a $150.00 charge per remote, to your nominated credit card or deducted from your bond.
- Unless otherwise specified, guests are to supply the following linen:
- Flat and fitted sheets
- Pillow cases
- Doona covers
- Towels – bath and beach
- Tea towels
- Linen and towel hire is available and must be arranged 14 prior to occupancy
- All hired linen must be placed in laundry bag proved and left in the bathroom of the property
- The cost for excess laundering, damage or missing linen will be subject to current professional costs and will be deducted from your nominated credit card or deducted from your bond.
- Upon arrival it must be immediately reported to Mornington Peninsula Rentals should the property be found to be unclean.
- All issues reported will be attended to within 24 hours.
- It is the guest’s responsibility to leave the property in the same condition in which it was received.
- This includes removal of all food and drinks from pantry and fridge
- Removal of all rubbish as per Item 9 of the House Rules
- Emptying of dishwasher
- An excess cleaning fee of $40.00 per hour will be charged to your nominated credit card or deducted from your bond, if the property has not been left in the same condition.
- The garbage collectors empty bins once per week, recycle bins are emptied every second week.
- Bins must be place at the kerb upon departure or 6am on collection days
- For collection days please see maps provided in information booklet
- Bins left overflowing with rubbish or any excess rubbish left at the property will incur a fee of $50.00 per bag and will be deducted from your nominated credit card or deducted from your bond.
- If bins are found to be full upon arrival, you must immediately report it to our Mornington Peninsula Rentals at the commencement of your stay.
- No responsibility will be taken by the agent or landlord for guest’s personal items or property.
- Any personal items left behind will be held at our office for a period of 30 days.
- You will be contacted to collect items
- Items can be posted back to the guest at their expense.
- After 30 days, items not collected will be disposed of.
- Any maintenance issues found upon arrival must be reported to Mornington Peninsula Rentals within 24 hours to allow reasonable time to resolve the issue.
- Any maintenance issues arising whilst at the property, must be reported immediately to Mornington Peninsula Rentals and we will endeavour to have the maintenance attended to within 24 hours.
- The guest and occupants of the property, indemnifies the agent against any liability which may result through loss, injury, either personal or proprietary, suffered by any person where any injury, damage or loss has been contributed to or caused by any act or occasion of the guest or occupant.
- The agent reserves the right to be sole arbitrator in the event of a dispute.
- No responsibility will be taken by Mornington Peninsula Rentals for any misconception of a property where a booking has been made by email, internet, fax or telephone.
- We cannot be held liable for any actions of our landlords which may result in the tariff being increased prior to occupancy.
- We have no control over the property being altered by the landlord in any way prior to occupancy.
- We cannot control or be responsible for the property becoming unavailable for letting prior to occupancy.
- We cannot be responsible for the property being sold prior to occupancy.
- In any of these instances, we will endeavour to find alternative accommodation, but cannot make any guarantees, nor can we assure you of being able to find a replacement property at short notice.
- Mornington Peninsula Rentals may reserve the right to retain the deposit should the guest cancel the booking and a replacement booking is not made.
- Mornington Peninsula Rentals reserves the right to cancel the booking at any time.
- Mornington Peninsula Rentals will not take any responsibility for the loss or theft of your personal property or for any bodily injury that occurs on or at the property.
- We recommend all guest purchase travel insurance.
- Mornington Peninsula Rentals are not responsible for any injuries, illness or accidents that may occur whilst staying at the property.
INFORMATION ABOUT HOLIDAY ACCOMMODATION
- Whilst Mornington Peninsula Rentals make every effort to ensure that this information is current and kept up to date, this information may change without notice. The description of the premises is made in good faith and we will accept no responsibility for misdescription.
- All photos on the website were taken on site and are provided as a guide only.
- Photographs on the website are an accurate representation of our holiday accommodation at the time the photograph was taken and are subject to change with fair wear and tear.
- Neither Mornington Peninsula Rentals nor the owner of the property accepts responsibility for personal perceptions, nor do we take any responsibility for any errors or omissions contained on the website.
- If any feature / facility is essential for the guest in choosing a particular property, it is advisable that the guest checks this with the staff of Mornington Peninsula Rentals at the time of booking.
- Mornington Peninsula cannot be held liable for omissions or errors, whether temporary or permanent, in regards to a property’s facilities and services.
- All properties under management are privately owned and are rented on a fully self-contained basis.
- In the event of faults and/or malfunctions of appliances or inclusions, there is not obligation from the Mornington Peninsula Rentals or landlord to compensate or discount.
- We will accept no responsibility for any inconvenience with machinery breakdown.
- In such circumstances, Mornington Peninsula Rentals will undertake their best attempts to repair, replace of hire an alternative in a reasonable amount of time.
- All properties are non-smoking.